POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : My particle system is released : Re: My particle system is released Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:19:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My particle system is released
From: Rune
Date: 22 Oct 2002 18:54:29
Message: <3db5d725@news.povray.org>
Kari Kivisalo wrote:
> Would this work for making a still shot of a snowy
> scene where it has been snowing for some time from
> various directions.

No, that would require too many particles, and the system is not at all
optimized for this task.

> Would the snow accumulate over time? Stick to surfaces?

No and no. Sorry. :/

But thinking about it, I don't think that any particle system would be
well suited for a task like this. Assuming that we are talking about at
least semi-realistic snow spread over a somewhat large area...

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com (updated Oct 19)